|This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (October 2018)|
Hello, everyone! My name is Suzuki, and I run a micronational Skype room that focuses on cultural discussions called the Drunkiz Gadurō. Last year the Drunkiz Gadurō made its mark by hosting a micronational flag contest in the other large online community. This year it's been decided that we will try to branch out into both communities. Fostering better relations between the Wiki and Wikia communities is something that I personally have been striving for recently, and is a cause that the Drunkiz Gadurō believes is worth the time and effort. So, without further ado, let me introduce you to the Second Annual Drunkiz Gadurō Micronational Flag Contest!
- Must be submitted before 30 June 2018.
- Dependencies of micronations may participate, provided they have more autonomy then other political divisions of the parent micronation (we will be doing our research).
- Only one flag may be submitted per micronation or dependency.
- Defunct micronations or dependencies may not participate.
- A micronation or dependency does not have to be a member of the Drunkiz Gadurō to participate.
- Each new submission will be given a number between 1 and 100, which will be organized as such: the smallest number will face off against the largest number in the preliminaries, and so on.
- The first round will begin on 1 July 2018, and each succeeding round will have polling up for exactly one week until only one flag remains!
- The contest will be a double elimination, meaning that a flag design has to lose twice to be eliminated completely from the competition.
- Polling will be found in a link provided.
- In case of a tie, our three judges will decide the outcome. They are: Dave Ross of Flammancia, James Frisch of Beaconia, and Alex Trap of the Danube and New Flanders. Judges are always chosen from the membership of the Drunkiz Gadurō on a voluntary basis.
A few final notes:
If you would like to participate, please provide an image of your flag below. Unfortunately, the Lounge is not really adequate for a project like this, and so I would like to formally ask permission from the admins if I can make a normal article to house this contest on the Wikia. May I do just that? --~~~~