This article is a work in progress
"America", "US", "USA", and "United States of America" redirect here. For the landmass comprising North, Central, South America, and the Caribbean, see Americas. For other uses, see America (disambiguation), US (disambiguation), USA (disambiguation), and United States (disambiguation).
Indigenous peoples era
12,000 years ago the migrants from Siberia crossed to North America by the way of the Bearing land bridge, although, recent studies suggest of the arrival of the Clovis peoples, arriving around 11 0000 BC, believed to represent the first of human settlements in the Americas.
The first Europeans to arrive in North America, were those from Scandinavia. on October 9th 1001, the exiled Leif Eriksson, after leaving Greenland for murder, landed in today, L'Ance aux meadous, Newfoundland, what he called, "Vinland" the land of vines, or wine. L'Ance aux meadous became the first European and Viking settlement. The settlement was documented in the Icelandic Sagas but was never given creditability as the Sagas were usually fictional. The settlement was abandoned and forgotten, until Christopher Columbus, landed in modern day San Salvador on the 12th of October 1492, this was the beginning of European expansion in the Americas.
The North American Empire is a constitutional monarchy of 16 Archduchies (Provinces), one Imperial District, and one territory. It is a constitutional Monarchy and a representative democracy.
The Imperial Government citizens are subject to three types of levels, Archducal, Regal and Imperial. Many cases, executive and legislative officials are elected by a plurality vote of citizens by district.
The Imperial government comprises of three branches:
- Executive: Consisting of two sub-branches, the Crown and the Ministry.
- The Emperor is the Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Armed Forces, can veto and suggest bills before they become law, appoints members of the cabinet and the supreme court of the North American Empire (subjected to PM and senate consent) and other officers, who administer and enforce Imperial Laws and Policies.
- The Prime Minister pertains to the Senate, the PM appoints members of the cabinet suggested by the Monarch and can, like the Emperor suggest laws and has the right to consent and advise the Monarch.
- Legislative: The bicameral parliament, made of the senate and the lords, makes imperial law, approves treaties and the imperial budget, as well the power of impeachment, by which it can remove sitting members of government.
- Judiciary: The Supreme Court of the North American Empire and lower Imperial courts, whose judges and magistrates are appointed by the Emperor with PM and Senate approval, interpret laws and overturn those found unconstitutional.
The Senate is based on a lowest of five representatives for each archduchy, for a two year term of no limit.
Lord seats are one per archduchy, as archdukes or 'duchesses over said archduchy appointed by the monarch for life, have no power to veto but to postpone laws one year until then it is sent to the senate to ratify.
the 16 archduchies are the principal administrative division in the Empire. Two main parties being Republican (right) and Democrats (left), and thirdly the Independent Imperialist party, those who seek to bridge the divide and is specifically the party of the Emperor.
The Emperor is the Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Armed Forces and appoints its leaders, the minister of defense and the joint chiefs of staff. the Ministry of Defense administers four of the five branches comprising of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Space Force while the branch of Cyber Security is administered by the Ministry of Intelligence.
Military service is voluntary and has never had a conscription since its founding.